Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Bugging out about protein

Would you supplement your diet with protein powder or protein bars made with "cricket flour"? I first heard about this a few months ago and recently saw another post about it: http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/this-could-be-big-abc-news/eat-protein-bar-made-crickets-202137612.html?vp=1

I hope these guys make a go of it. I realize this is a major culture shock to those of us in the US. I must admit I have my own reservations, but I plan to try these. Between the cheap protein and the environmental implications, this seems to be a win for everyone.

Who knows, maybe there will be cricket supplemented acai bowls at the IBJJF World Championships in a few years. Could we eventually be "growing" our own sustainable protein source in aquariums?  Every apartment could be a farm!

And on this farm I raised a cricket E-I-E-I-O...

No comments:

Post a Comment