Sunday, February 9, 2014

The best blog post ever...

Was deleted so this will have to do.

If it doesn't kill you, it makes you stronger.

That's what they say but as a an older jiu jitsu guy, all it does for me is make training more difficult.

I look around my gym and really wish I'd started when I was younger. Thankfully, bjj is a discipline that lends itself to almost all stages of life. I'm not that old, 33, but man do I feel like it the morning after a tough training session. In high school, I remember playing a sport and feeling brand new by the next morning. I'd love to bring that feeling to jiu jitsu.The big thing I've learned is that diet and rest are my best friends. It's a constant balancing act between being smart and being lazy.

All that being said, I feel like the luckiest man alive to be a part of the amazing bjj community. I'll continue to struggle through my issues. I'll tape myself up, I'll show up, and I'll ice everything each night just to do it again.Occasionally I'll write about it and hopefully I'll entertain some folks along the way.

Til next time




No comments:

Post a Comment